Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria’s president, has condoled with the families of the four people killed by gunmen at Ogbaru LGA of Anambra.
Recall that gunmen attacked a convoy conveying staff of the US consulate on Tuesday.
Ikenga Tochukwu, police spokesperson in Anambra, said the “hoodlums murdered two of the PMF operatives, and two staff of the consulate”.
In a statement on Wednesday, Garba Shehu, the president’s spokesperson, said Buhari is saddened by the killings of the police officers and the staff of the US embassy in Nigeria.
“I was very sad hearing about the killing of the embassy staff and our policemen accompanying them. In this difficult time for the families of those killed, the American embassy and the Nigeria Police force, NPF, I extend the nation’s condolences over the very sad incident,” he said.
He said the president is equally “pained about the gruesome deaths” of villagers in communities in Plateau and Benue states, adding that the security agencies are committed to bringing the perpetrators to justice.
“He is deeply pained to learn about these gruesome deaths and expresses sincere condolences to the families of the victims,” he said.
“He is equally been briefed about the tragic killing of several persons in the Bwoi District of Mangu Local government area of Plateau state, as well that of several villagers in Adaka village in Makurdi local government and in Ijaha community of Apa local government area of Benue state.
“We share the grief of the American embassy, the Nigeria Police force and our communities in Plateau and Benue and remain committed to fishing out the perpetrators of the attacks and bringing them to justice. May God give their families the strength to bear the unfortunate losses.”
Alfred Alabo, police spokesperson in the Plateau, confirmed the killing of more than 30 persons in an attack by gunmen on Tuesday.
Last month, gunmen invaded two communities in Benue, killing 14 residents and two soldiers.
Leave a Reply