The Federal Government on Monday announced the shift in duration of the Nationwide curfew from 8pm – 6am to 10pm – 4am. Also,Hotels have been given the nod to commence operations while restaurants located inside hotels can operate too.
The Federal Government has asked the aviation sector to begin to develop protocols that will lead to the resumption of domestic flights any time from June 21.
The National Coordinator of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, Sani Aliyu, stated this on Monday during a briefing Abuja.
He said, “The aviation industry is requested to start developing protocols to allow for domestic flights to resume anytime from the 21st of June onward.
“Airlines must ensure physical distancing by reducing passenger capacity and ensure the provision of sanitizers and personal protective equipment as well as carrying out temperature checks at the point of entry and departure and ensuring that airports are not congested by either travelers or airports staff.”
Summary of the PTF Media Briefing are as follows
Effective from tomorrow:
1. Nationwide curfew remains in place, timing now 10pm—4am.
2. Full opening of financial sector – normal working hours
3. Restricted opening of places of worship, (regular church & mosque services ONLY), to be based on State Govt protocols.
4. Interstate travel remains prohibited except for goods &essential travel
5. Gathering of >20 persons remains prohibited;outside of workplaces + religious services
6. Aviation Industry requested to start developing protocols for domestic flights to possibly resume from June 21
Hotels may reopen
Restaurants outside of hotels must remain closed for eat-in—TAKEOUT ONLY
Bars, gyms, cinemas, nightclubs, parks closed until further evaluation
All schools to remain closed until further evaluation
Offices maintain 2m physical distancing + 75% max capacity
All guidelines as issued by #PTFCOVID19.
Guidelines to be implemented/ enforced by State Governments
All permitted openings (hotels, religious services etc) to maintain non-pharmaceutical interventions (masks, sanitizers/handwashing, 2m distancing, capacity limits, etc)
Leave a Reply